The National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project as started in 2009 as a method of recording and analyzing police misconduct in the US.
From 01/10 through 06/10 there were:
* 2,541 Unique reports of police misconduct cited.
* 3,240 Law enforcement officers cited in recorded police misconduct reports.
* 178 Of the law enforcement officers reported were departmental leaders, police chiefs, and sheriffs.
* 4,199 Alleged victims of police misconduct associated with these reports.
* 124 Fatalities associated with these reports.
* 17.9 Law enforcement officers cited in the news for misconduct each day on average.
* $148,512,000 in approximated police misconduct related settlements and judgments paid out in this period.