Should FTL stop using Amazon as an affiliate?

Amazon has bowed to pressure from Senator Lieberman and de-hosted the Wikileaks website.

Read »
argash's picture
Created by argash 3 years 46 weeks ago – Made popular 3 years 46 weeks ago
Category: Free Speech   Tags:

Nah

Delighted 3 years 45 weeks 4 days 18 hours ago

I'd be more concerned about the Fox News ads.

Short answer is yes. I will

Nicademus 3 years 46 weeks 10 hours 14 min ago

Short answer is yes. I will not be using Amazon anymore.

MattD 3 years 46 weeks 20 hours 40 min ago

No, I don't think FTL is in conflict with their principles by keeping the Amazon deal. Amazon got caught in the middle of something that they obviously didn't want to be in the middle of. I was not there when they made their decision, but I assume they felt that it was in their best interest to disassociate their company with the controversey. I can't blame them. Just imagine all the Neocons that are calling for Assange's head, catching wind of Amazon's refusal to cancel their service. The drones would boycott Amazon in huge numbers. That kind of backlash could be huge, and potentially harm their business. Retail is to competitive to take that kind of risk, especially this time of year. I shop at Amazon often. The fact that FTL gets a portion of my purchases is a bonus. They need money from somewhere to keep their show going. Now if they were taking advertising money from Lieberman's campaign, then I would probably have a problem with that.

Considering one of he MAIN

GDW 3 years 46 weeks 22 hours 1 min ago

Considering one of he MAIN methods of "regulation" in a free state would be freedom of association, I say HELL YES, if it were me that is, I would not associate/affiliate with those who are act in direct conflict with such an foundational principle that I support.

Yes!!! It is the only

rubing 3 years 46 weeks 1 day 3 hours ago

Yes!!! It is the only principled thing to do. If you believe in freedom of speech than you should definitely boycott amazon.

seantheamazing 3 years 46 weeks 1 day 12 hours ago

I mean come on... If they didn't do this, just think of the consequences. Yes companies should have a spine but you can't just risk the whole company.

Market says:

GraftonPond4Life 3 years 46 weeks 1 day 3 hours ago

If you don't like Amazon don't buy Amazon. Amazon affiliate program is an opportunity for any website. (EDIT: Any website Amazon approves of.) EDIT: I thought about well not for Assange's website. Amazon owns its servers, they have the right to decide what's on them.

Yes, they ABSOLUTELY have a

GDW 3 years 46 weeks 21 hours 58 min ago

Yes, they ABSOLUTELY have a right to. That doesn't mean people should support them when they do it. The same way a person has a right to be a bigot. That doesn't mean people shouldn't refuse to associate with them.

Just a side note

GraftonPond4Life 3 years 46 weeks 20 hours 25 min ago

Just associating the word Amazon with the word books is enough to drive me away. I still use em though. After all If it aint the rain forest some other tree is getting cut down anyway.

Air Times & Contact

LIVE 7 Days a Week!
Mon-Sun: 7pm-10pm Eastern

Call toll-free:
1-855-450-FREE

You can also Skype us.

Join our Email List

Stay up to date with the latest about Free Talk Live, and receive our Weekly Digest email - the most popular stories for the week from our front page and also the week's audio highlights!

See our past emails.

Free Talk Live 2.5

Welcome Free Talk Live 2.5! Now, with Reddit!

You'll need a Reddit account before you can vote on and submit show prep. (That is different from your FTL/AMP account.)

The content here is the same as you will see on the FTL Subreddit. Please submit bug reports on the appropriate BBS subforum.

Enjoy the new site and thanks for submitting your content!

Google+

New forum topics

Who's online

There are currently 0 users and 0 guests online.
Free Talk Live Image