The Hunger Games movie may not have had trouble earning a PG-13 rating, but many parents and educators are wondering whether the best-selling book trilogy belongs on library shelves.
The top five most challenged books of 2011 are:
1) ttyl; ttfn; l8r, g8r (series), by Lauren Myracle
2) The Color of Earth (series), by Kim Dong Hwa
3) The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
4) My Mom's Having A Baby! A Kid's Month-by-Month Guide to Pregnancy, by Dori Hillestad Butler
5) The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie
I can't remember a time my heart pounded so hard during a movie. Maybe it’s because I’m partial to Dianic huntress characters, but when it comes to provoking a purely visceral autonomic response The Hunger Games is probably one of the best films I’ve seen. I walked into the film almost completely unaware of the story. I hadn’t even seen a trailer. If you just want a reading of general enthusiasm I think this film is well worth seeing in the theater, and I left eager for the sequel, but if you’re comfortable reading some spoilers, read on.Read more »
LIVE 7 Days a Week!
Mon-Sun: 7pm-10pm Eastern
Enjoy the new site and thanks for submitting your content!